Matuloo: Looking Forward to 2017 (Affiliate Marketing Tips)
Matuloo is planning the upcoming year!
This is Matuloo and I’m here to give you some tips on what to expect in affiliate marketing in 2017.
You can also check some of my plans for next year!
2016 is now over. What have I been through and what is the next year gonna look like?
This has been a pretty busy year indeed, and also kind of a special one for me.
All those years I spent in AM, I used to operate in the privacy of my office.
I didn’t go to any events, didn’t really network with anyone and my social presence was pretty much non-existent.
The end of 2015 and especially the whole year 2016, was when all of this changed a lot.
I took the moderator role on the STM Forum, where I help aspiring and advanced affiliate marketers, with whatever problems they are facing.
If you ever need my personal assistance, you can find me there.
I started to attend affiliate shows too, not as much as I would like, because I have a family and that can be limiting in a way…unless you want to wake up one day and realize that your kids have become adults, while you have been working.
2.5 months ago I finally decided to start blogging too.
I was playing with the idea for a few years to be honest, but never pushed myself further to launch it.
Long story short, I purchased some WordPress theme and finally put that thing together.
You can see the result here: www.Matuloo.com.
I also continued running Affiliate Campaigns throughout the year.
And 2016 was another $X.XXX.XXX revenue year, so I was able to pretty much keep the same levels as in 2015.
I didn’t manage to grow, but at the same time, I didn’t lose traction, so all fine in my book.
We (me and my team) had to face quite a lot of complications during this year.
Our carrier billing campaigns in some GEOs were affected by new regulations pretty heavily at the end of the summer.
At that time, we lost a lot of revenue and had to look at other markets to recover from the loss.
We also faced suspensions from several traffic sources a few times during the year – mainly because of damn FALLBACK redirects that I start to hate more and more.
I even wrote an article about it, you can read it on my blog if you wish.
Fortunately, I was able to get back on track and reclaim our accounts – mainly thanks to our good relationship with particular networks and sources.
This shows how important networking really is. Good relationships are the key in this business!
There were many obstacles to overcome in 2016, but that’s how it is in this business.
If I was easy to scare, I wouldn’t be here for so long 🙂
I’m still here and looking forward to another successful year!
What are my plans for 2017, you might ask?
I will definitely continue with the moderator position at the STM Forum.
I didn’t expect this, but I thoroughly enjoy it.
My blog will keep me busy too, I have big plans for it.
I will also continue running affiliate campaigns obviously, because if there is one thing I really hate, it’s people giving advice and writing about something they don’t do themselves!
Let me also give you a few tips on where to put your focus for 2017:
- Carrier billing is still running strong, we saw many new regulations this year, but it’s still one of the easiest verticals to start in. Mobidea is definitely a solid partner for these offers.
- E-commerce is HOT right now. In case you are looking for a more robust setup, explore the options of this business area. Shopify is the most popular platform for running the e-shop and Facebook is the best place to get traffic and customers.
- Native Advertising exploded in 2016 – this new AD format became extremely popular this year and there are no signs of it slowing down. Jump on it while it’s hot.
- POPs looked like they were about to die, but they came back strong in 2016 and became the favorite traffic type choice of newbies again.
- SWEEPS offers are another vertical that had their show in 2016. 1000s of affiliates cashed hard on them. I see the trend falling off a bit though, especially when it comes to display (banners) advertising, POPs work with it pretty well though.
I’m sure 2017 will bring a lot of challenges again and I’m looking forward to them!
I wish you all a Happy New Year!